Support the victims of domestic violence in the following ways:
- Give the 24 hour crisis line phone number to a victim who needs it
- Donate paper products, toiletries, canned goods, baby items and clothing
- Help promote community awareness about domestic violence. Speakers are available for your church, club or agency. Contact Malinda Gavins, Program Director, at 330-747-4040
- Volunteers are needed for an assortment of duties. Please call Audrey Walker, Volunteer Coordinator/House Manager at 330-747-4040
- Help support the shelter program with a tax deductible contribution
Support the victims of domestic violence. Your gift can help support Sojourner House in the following ways:
can help to provide one night of shelter for a victim or her children
can help to provide one week of telephone service to operate our 24 hour crisis phone line
can help to provide groceries for one week at the shelter
can provide one week of transportation costs for victims and their children to school, court appearances, and medical appointments
can provide a security deposit on an apartment to give a woman and her children a new home and a new start
Please make checks payable to COMPASS Family & Community Services.
If your gift is $100 or more, please consider making your check payable to The Youngstown Foundation Support Fund (click here), which will add 5% to the amount of your contribution. Indicate Sojourner House on the memo line of your check and send it to our administrative offices and we can take care of the rest.
Mail Checks to:
COMPASS Family & Community Services 535 Marmion Avenue, Youngstown, OH 44502
Sojourner House Wish List
Our needs at the shelter change from time to time. We have categorized and listed our current needs below.
For additional information, please contact Audrey Walker at (330) 747-4040.
About Compass Family & Community Services
Our mission is to provide services that will empower, enhance and strengthen individuals and families of the Mahoning Valley through an array of services that respond to the changing needs of the community.
Our vision is to be recognized and respected as a leading community and family service agency that is distinguished by its unique ability to provide comprehensive, easily accessible and timely services.
Sojourner House is a program of COMPASS Family & Community Services.