Support the victims of domestic violence in the following ways:
- New opportunity for support! If you, your family, group, or business would like to sponsor a room at Sojourner House, please contact Jennifer Varley Gray at JGray@COMPASSFamily.org or (330) 782-5664.
- Give the 24 hour crisis line phone number to a victim who needs it
- Donate paper products, toiletries, canned goods, baby items and clothing
- Help promote community awareness about domestic violence. Speakers are available for your church, club or agency. Contact Malinda Gavins, Program Director, at 330-747-4040
- Volunteers are needed for an assortment of duties. Please call Audrey Walker, Volunteer Coordinator/House Manager at 330-747-4040
- Help support the shelter program with a tax deductible contribution
Support the victims of domestic violence. Your gift can help support Sojourner House in the following ways:
can help to provide one night of shelter for a victim or her children
can help to provide telephone service to operate our 24 hour crisis phone line
can help to provide groceries at the shelter
can help to provide transportation costs for victims and their children to school, court appearances, and medical appointments
can help to provide a electricity, water and heat for the 10 families in the shelter.
Please view our Annual Appeal and what survivors have to say
You can also donate some of the goods necessary to keep the Shelter working. Items can be shipped in your name and be received at our Administrative Offices. Items can be purchased online at the following stores in Sojourner's registry:
Please make checks payable to COMPASS Family & Community Services.
If your gift is $100 or more, please consider making your check payable to The Youngstown Foundation Support Fund (click here), which will add 5% to the amount of your contribution. Indicate Sojourner House on the memo line of your check and send it to our administrative offices and we can take care of the rest.
Mail Checks to:
COMPASS Family & Community Services 535 Marmion Avenue, Youngstown, OH 44502
Sojourner House Wish List
Our needs at the shelter change from time to time. We have categorized and listed our current needs below.
For additional information, please contact Audrey Walker at (330) 747-4040.
About Compass Family & Community Services
Our mission is to provide services that will empower, enhance and strengthen individuals and families of the Mahoning Valley through an array of services that respond to the changing needs of the community.
Our vision is to be recognized and respected as a leading community and family service agency that is distinguished by its unique ability to provide comprehensive, easily accessible and timely services.
Sojourner House is a program of COMPASS Family & Community Services.